CNF Scholarship Program
The Colorado Nurses Foundation is dedicated to supporting scholarships for Colorado nursing students.
The application window for 2017 will be from Sept. 1 to Oct. 31. Please check this website at that time for more information and to apply online. Scholarships will be awarded for the first semester of 2018.
Please read the following requirements to make sure you are eligible to apply for a CNF scholarship:
Applicants must be:
- A Colorado resident committed to practicing nursing in Colorado.
- Accepted as a student in an approved Colorado Nursing Program or in an approved online program.
- A minimum of one semester of study remaining prior to completing their degree. Students graduating in December 2017 are ineligible to apply for a CNF Scholarship.
Undergraduate applicants must have a 3.25 grade point average minimum and graduate student applicants must have a 3.5 grade point average minimum, with one of the following student statuses:
- Student in second year of nursing studies in an associate degree in nursing program, OR
- Junior or Senior level BSN undergraduate student, OR
- RN enrolled in a baccalaureate or higher degree nursing program in a school of nursing, OR
- RN with master’s degree in nursing, currently practicing in Colorado and enrolled in a doctoral program, OR
- Student in second or third year of a Doctorate Nursing Practice (DNP) program or have completed the first year of a PhD program. All graduate degree students must have continuous minimum enrollment for 6 semester hours.
Scholarship Criteria for Awards
Your scholarship application must include and will be rated on the following:
- Professional philosophy and goals
- Dedication to the improvement of patient care in Colorado
- Demonstrated commitment to nursing, and potential for leadership
- Involvement in community and professional organizations
- Grade point average (minimum 3.25 undergraduate, 3.5 graduate)
- Financial need statement and narrative explanation
- Recommendation of one faculty member, and
- Recommendation from employer/supervisor (if not employed, then from another individual).
For questions, please contact the foundation at email@example.com or 720-457-1004.