Applications Open Sept. 1, 2018
CNF Scholarship Program
The Colorado Nurses Foundation is dedicated to supporting scholarships for Colorado nursing students.
The application window for 2018 will open on Sept. 1 and close at the end of Oct.
Scholarships will be awarded for the first semester or quarter of 2019.
Please read the following requirements to make sure you are eligible to apply for a CNF scholarship:
Applicants must be:
- A Colorado resident committed to practicing nursing in Colorado.
- Accepted as a student in an approved Colorado Nursing Program or in an approved online program.
- A minimum of one semester or quarter of study remaining prior to completing their degree. Students graduating in December 2018 are ineligible to apply for a CNF Scholarship.
- Student in a BSN program or accepted as a student in a twelve month accelerated BSN program commencing in January 2019.
Undergraduate applicants must have a 3.25 grade point average minimum and graduate student applicants must have a 3.5 grade point average minimum, with one of the following student statuses:
- Student in second year of nursing studies in an associate degree in nursing program, OR
- Junior or Senior level BSN undergraduate student, OR
- RN enrolled in a baccalaureate or higher degree nursing program in a school of nursing, OR
- RN with master’s degree in nursing, currently practicing in Colorado and enrolled in a doctoral program, OR
- Student enrolled in accelerated nursing program having completed one quarter or semester, OR
- Student accepted into twelve month accelerated program with transcript from previous degree, OR
- Student in second or third year of a Doctorate Nursing Practice (DNP) program or have completed the first year of a PhD program. All graduate degree students must have continuous minimum enrollment for 6 semester hours.
Scholarship Criteria for Awards
Your scholarship application must include and will be rated on the following:
- Professional philosophy and goals
- Dedication to the improvement of patient care in Colorado
- Demonstrated commitment to nursing, and potential for leadership
- Involvement in community and professional organizations
- Grade point average (minimum 3.25 undergraduate, 3.5 graduate) per (transcript) from most recently completed semester/quarter in current program
- Student accepted into a twelve month accelerated BSN program commencing in January 2019 must provide a copy of the letter of acceptance
- Student accepted into a twelve month accelerated BSN program commencing in January 2019 must provide a copy of official transcript from earned (must be completed) baccalaureate or higher degree in a field other than nursing
- Financial need statement and narrative explanation
- Recommendation of one faculty member, and
- Recommendation from employer/supervisor (if not employed, then from another individual).
CNF is pleased to award the following scholarships in January 2018:
- American Nurses Foundation Scholarship - $2,000
- Colorado Council on Nursing Education: Nurse Educator - $3,000
- CNA/Virginia Paulson Memorial Scholarship - $1,000
- DNA 12 Scholarship - $2,200
- DNA 16 Eleanor Bent Memorial Scholarship - $1,000
- DNA 20 Scholarship - $1,500
- DNA 5 Scholarship (APN) - $1,500
- DNA 5 Scholarship (Graduate) - $1,500
- DNA 5 Scholarship (Undergraduate) - $1,500
- H. M. Muffly Memorial Scholarship - 3 @ $1,500
- Mary M. Lemons Memorial Scholarship - 2 @ $2,500
- Platt College: Joe Lee Memorial Scholarship - $5,000
- Roy Anderson Memorial Scholarship - 3 @ $1,500
- SIG 30 Scholarship - $3,000
For questions, please contact the foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-457-1004.