CNF Scholarship Program
The Colorado Nurses Foundation is dedicated to supporting scholarships for Colorado nursing students.
The application window for 2017 will be from Sept. 1 to Oct. 30.
Scholarships will be awarded for the first semester or quarter of 2018.
Please read the following requirements to make sure you are eligible to apply for a CNF scholarship:
Applicants must be:
- A Colorado resident committed to practicing nursing in Colorado.
- Accepted as a student in an approved Colorado Nursing Program or in an approved online program.
- A minimum of one semester or quarter of study remaining prior to completing their degree. Students graduating in December 2017 are ineligible to apply for a CNF Scholarship.
- Student in a BSN program or accepted as a student in a twelve month accelerated BSN program commencing in January 2018.
Undergraduate applicants must have a 3.25 grade point average minimum and graduate student applicants must have a 3.5 grade point average minimum, with one of the following student statuses:
- Student in second year of nursing studies in an associate degree in nursing program, OR
- Junior or Senior level BSN undergraduate student, OR
- RN enrolled in a baccalaureate or higher degree nursing program in a school of nursing, OR
- RN with master’s degree in nursing, currently practicing in Colorado and enrolled in a doctoral program, OR
- Student enrolled in accelerated nursing program having completed one quarter or semester, OR
- Student accepted into twelve month accelerated program with transcript from previous degree, OR
- Student in second or third year of a Doctorate Nursing Practice (DNP) program or have completed the first year of a PhD program. All graduate degree students must have continuous minimum enrollment for 6 semester hours.
Scholarship Criteria for Awards
Your scholarship application must include and will be rated on the following:
- Professional philosophy and goals
- Dedication to the improvement of patient care in Colorado
- Demonstrated commitment to nursing, and potential for leadership
- Involvement in community and professional organizations
- Grade point average (minimum 3.25 undergraduate, 3.5 graduate) per (transcript) from most recently completed semester/quarter in current program
- Student accepted into a twelve month accelerated BSN program commencing in January 2018 must provide a copy of the letter of acceptance
- Student accepted into a twelve month accelerated BSN program commencing in January 2018 must provide a copy of official transcript from earned (must be completed) baccalaureate or higher degree in a field other than nursing
- Financial need statement and narrative explanation
- Recommendation of one faculty member, and
- Recommendation from employer/supervisor (if not employed, then from another individual).
CNF is pleased to award the following scholarships in January 2018:
- American Nurses Foundation Scholarship - $2,000
- Colorado Council on Nursing Education: Nurse Educator - $3,000
- CNA/Virginia Paulson Memorial Scholarship - $1,000
- DNA 12 Scholarship - $2,200
- DNA 16 Eleanor Bent Memorial Scholarship - $1,000
- DNA 20 Scholarship - $1,500
- DNA 5 Scholarship (APN) - $1,500
- DNA 5 Scholarship (Graduate) - $1,500
- DNA 5 Scholarship (Undergraduate) - $1,500
- H. M. Muffly Memorial Scholarship - 3 @ $1,500
- Mary M. Lemons Memorial Scholarship - 2 @ $2,500
- Platt College: Joe Lee Memorial Scholarship - $5,000
- Roy Anderson Memorial Scholarship - 3 @ $1,500
- SIG 30 Scholarship - $3,000
For questions, please contact the foundation at email@example.com or 720-457-1004.